Thursday, July 16, 2009

Meeting each other

Shortly after the team was announced, Alex headed for Knysna to take part in the many events held during the Oyster Festival and he is currently in CT on a course. Francois is in Pretoria, Christo is in Bloem and I'm in Joburg. So, as yet, the Team www.AR.co.za members have not yet all met each other, although we do communicate on email.

The exciting news is that I'll meet Francois on Saturday morning at the Springbok Vasbyt, which is held from the Voortrekker Monument in Pretoria and I'll see Christo in early August when I'm in Bloem.

We have got a team event diary where we've logged the events that we want to do over the coming months - as indidivuals and pairs or team. Some events we'll be at the same event but taking part as individuals. Between the four of us there is a lot on the go.

Aside from this my 'team management' principle is simple: each team member knows his/her strengths and we know the training we need to do in preparation for regular events and ADAC. I leave everyone to it. I'm away for much of August and as it is still cold, we'll only start our full paddling focus at the beginning of September. Then we'll see each other a lot more - especially me, Alex and Francois, with some fun events and stuff with Christo on weekends.

So, for now we're ticking over and keeping in regular contact with each other.

No comments: