Monday, September 28, 2009

SA Orienteering Champs

SA Orienteering Champs was held over this long weekend in Sabie's forests. Alex was there...

"We had a great weekend in Sabie. It's a really scenic area and we had a nice bit of forest to run in. The forest was very physical and there were plenty of linear features, so it didn't suit me. But I managed 5th on the Middle Distance course, about three minutes behind Nic. I was also 5th on the Long Course, about nine minutes behind. Both results weren't as good as last year, but I'm happy considering that my shin was niggling a few weeks back. It was good to run hard and not have any shin pain.

Wits had a good relay team and I had a good run in a tricky bit of forest. We finished 3rd, just behind Garry. AR Club skipped a control, so we were promoted to second.

It was a good showcase for South African Orienteering. We had a few overseas runners and lots of locals. RACO did a great job in putting this event together."


No comments: