Sunday, November 21, 2010

Don't snack, just pack

Munchie bags labelled for each day - some have more stuff depending on the stage and there is a bit of variety here and there, especially with bars.
Yesterday I started to pack my race food for each day. I was chatting to my AR friend in Durban, Fred, and he gave me this great bit of advice, "Don't snack, just pack". Hahaha.

I do like to keep my race food as a treat so some of the things are not goodies that I normall munch on, like cornnuts, Laughing Cow and salted and roasted nuts. I tend not to snack while packing race munchies but, as Fred says, "There's always that last bit of something left over from the re-pack".

I did manage to complete my pack having eaten only a Tuc cracker, a few cornnuts (to check for freshness, of course) and to try a cracker from the new flavour of Bacon Kips - not bacon. They're nice, salty race snacks that I don't touch outside of races.

This morning I went to my local butcher, who always vacuum packs that special Souff African treat for me... It starts with a 'b' and ends with a 'g'. I've taken it to most races around the world... shhh... don't say a word... ;)

Lizelle x 2 and Steven have been briefed on how to prep their race food, which they'll do over the next two weeks.

Yes, can you believe it! Tomorrow, two weeks, we'll be heading off to the airport. Now I'm really starting to get excited ;)

Lisa

No comments: