Saturday, October 24, 2009

All together to paddle

We were all together today, for the second time, for a paddle session with coach Russell Willis. And would you believe that, despite having my camera with me, I forgot to take a photo of the four of us together!

This was Christo's first session with Russell and his intro to this focus on efficiency of stroke. Within 30-minutes Christo was in the groove and paddling much more efficiently. He'll work on the things learned today, back home in Bloem and then do a follow-up session with Russell pre-rogaine in early November.

The next time we'll all be together will probably be the day before we leave for Abu Dhabi. Alex leaves next weekend to join Team Cyanosis in Portugal on their support crew. Francois, Christo and I will be together for the rogaine (Nathan is joining us to complete the second pair). And then the next three weeks are certain to gallop past before we depart.

All is well and things are starting to come together. For me, this wil become more real once our clothing and branding arrives and also when I receive our visas and flight confirmations from race organisation.

No comments: